Friday, April 29, 2011

The Diamond in the Rough...

Many of you may be wondering - why did I buy this particular house? It's old, needs a ton of updating, and well...am I crazy? Many years ago, during my time at the UH School of Architecture, my first year professor, Leighton Liu once said - 'When I walk into a Mies (van der Rohe) building, I can feel it in my pores.' That is exactly what I felt the instant I set foot in this house. I loved everything about it, I can't really explain, but I felt it. 

My husband knew how much I loved this house at that moment, and quickly called the listing agent to get more details. Come to find out, it went into contract that very day to someone else.  I sulked for the rest of the day, week...One month later, the house came back on the market, and needless to say, we swooped right it. 

Every house has a soul, and it yearns for people to occupy it filling it with love, laughter, and light. Without it, it becomes an empty shell, rapidly disintegrating. I deeply believe that not only did we choose this house, it chose us...

Exterior - Front


View to Front Door - With Built In Planter 





Living Room


Fire Place - Original Brick


Kitchen


Golf Course Views from Kitchen


Master Bedroom


Master Bath


Bedroom 2 - Guest Room


Guest Bath

Dining Area


Exterior - Back


Demo work has already begun, I will post some pictures soon to show the progress!


Kellie


No comments:

Post a Comment