Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Design Obsession - Dark Wood Floors

I love wood floors...


So when it came to selecting floor materials for this house, there was no question about it. I love the warmth it gives, I love the way it feels under your feet, I love the naturalness of it. 


But what tone of wood? Teak or Wenge? After much design research, and looking at our other finish selections, we chose the dark wenge - hands down. Although darker tones tend to be higher maintenance - showing every speck of dust, and eventually every dusty paw print from our two boys, I decided to just go with it...


Here are a few design examples of darker wood tones -





I love the richness and depth it adds, but it also does look more modern and crisp, especially with white walls. Floors are currently being installed, stay tuned for pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment