Monday, June 13, 2011

Patience....

It's been a while since my last post, and so much has happened since. Demo, paint, design changes, and more design changes but like I said, it is a process. For me, it's been a learning experience, putting myself in the shoes of a client's and being part of the overall execution. 


As a designer who used to work with large budgets, I was always used to just specifying materials regardless of price. However, working within my own budget, every little change or selection of materials added up quickly, very quickly!  Being part of the construction process from the beginning till now has been a great experience.


I am also learning that renovating a mid-century home has it's challenges. Electrical outlets in odd locations, lack of overall lighting (and the dislike of fluorescent lighting), prior (bad) renovations to the home... were constant add ons to the original scope. 


It's been a while since my last post, so here are some current pictures...


Kitchen - Cabinets will be replaced

Kitchen - Windows to be replaced with new double pane glass.

Guest Bath - Mirror is actually from the Guest Bedroom closet, will not be there!

Master Shower

Master Shower



No comments:

Post a Comment